Hydraulic tunneling jumbo is a drill jumbo used in underground mine tunnels, railway and highway tunnels, hydraulic culverts, and other underground excavation projects. In the article “How to use hydraulic tunneling jumbo”, we introduced the correct method of using it, but in order to improve rock drilling efficiency, reduce the accident rate and prolong the service life of hydraulic tunneling jumbo, in addition to mastering the correct usage method, it is also important to know how to maintain hydraulic tunneling jumbo.
Maintenance of hydraulic tunneling jumbo
1. Always keep the external surface of hydraulic tunneling jumbo clean.
2. When hydraulic tunneling jumbo is working, it should always check whether the parts are loose and fall off and whether there are oil, gas, and electricity leaks. Problems found should be dealt with in time.
3. Make sure that the hydraulic oil is clean and the oil is sufficient. When changing the oil, clean all the systems, including the oil tank and filter. When adding new oil, it must be filtered, and must not make the new oil mix with the old oil. Clean once a quarter, and be careful not to mix different grades of oil.
4. After the new drill jumbo is used, oil should be changed once to remove the metal shavings and other sundries remaining in the oil cylind erafter 50 hours of operation. After that, oil should be changed once every 500 hours of operation.
5. When drill jumbo runs for more than 3000 hours, all hydraulic components should be disassembled and inspected. If there is any abnormality in drill jumbo, it should be dealt with at any time.
6. Take care of oil pipes, joints, and cables to prevent them from being touched, pressed, squeezed, or dragged, and replace them quickly once they are found to be damaged.
7. Operating temperature range of the oil pump in the drill jumbo is 25~55°C. If it is too low, the starting efficiency will be low. If it is too high, service life of oil will be shortened. It is measured that when the oil temperature rises above 80℃, service life of oil will be shortened by half.
Daily maintenance of hydraulic tunneling jumbos can reduce the failure rate of equipment to a certain extent and prolong its service life. In addition, the following matters also need to be paid attention to protect the personal safety of operators.
Precautions for hydraulic tunneling jumbo
1. Non-operators are not allowed to start hydraulic tunneling jumbo.
2. When overhauling drill jumbo, make sure drill arm is lowered before proceeding.
3. When drill jumbo in operation, its speed should be strictly controlled.
4. It is strictly forbidden to put explosive and flammable materials around the working face.
5. Strictly prevent leakage of electricity from cables and electrical equipment.
Not only hydraulic tunneling jumbo, any equipment in use for some time, the stability, reliability, and efficiency of equipment will also be reduced to a considerable extent, and equipment will not work properly after a long time. At this time, enterprises need to invest a lot of costs to repair it or replace it with new equipment, which greatly increases the operating costs of enterprises and affects the allocation of resources in other areas. Enterprises can solve this problem by strengthening the daily maintenance of equipment, establishing a sound maintenance mechanism, and strengthening the training of equipment operators and maintenance personnel to avoid unnecessary waste of funds.