In the last article, We shared with you the preparations before starting up the rock drill. I believe everyone has an understanding of this. But the preparatory work is some little things before operation. If you want to operate rock drill well, it is necessary to focus on learning the precautions when the rock drill operation.
Precautions for rock drill operation
1. As starting to drill a hole, it should be rotated slowly, and after the depth of the hole reaches 10-15mm, it will gradually turn into a full power operation. In the process of rock drilling, according to the hole position design, the drill rod should advance straight along the centerline of the hole.
2. During rock drilling, shaft thrust should be tested reasonably. If the shaft thrust is too low, the machine will jump back, the vibration will increase, and the drilling efficiency will decrease. If the shaft thrust is too large, it will reduce the number of piston impacts and impact force, easy to premature wear parts, and slows down drilling speed.
3. When the rock drill is stuck, the shaft thrust should be reduced, and it can gradually become normal. If it doesn’t work, turn off it immediately. First, use the wrench to turn the drill rod slowly, and then turn on the medium pressure to make the drill tool rotate slowly. It is forbidden to beat the drill rod.
4. Regularly observe the powder discharge situation. When the powder discharge is normal, the mud flows slowly from the orifice. On the contrary, to blow the hole strongly. If it is still invalid, check the flush hole of the drill bit and the shank adapter, and then check for the water tube, and replace the damaged parts.
5. Pay attention to observing the oil injection reserve and output, and adjust the oil amount. When the rock drill is operating without oil, it is easy to cause premature wear of parts. When the lubricating oil is too much, it will cause contamination of the working surface.
6. During operation, we should pay attention to the sound of the machine, observe its operation, find problems and deal with them in time.
7. Pay attention to the working state of the rock drilling tool, and replace it in time if there is an abnormality.
8. When operating the upward rock drill, pay attention to the air supply of the air leg to prevent the rock drill from swinging up and down and causing accidents. The support point of the air leg should be reliable. Do not hold the machine too tightly, and do not ride on the air leg to prevent injury to the machine and people.
9. Pay attention to the rock situation, avoid perforation along the bedding, joints, and fissures, prohibit breaking the residual rock, and observe at any time if there is the risk of the roof collapsing.
10. Use the hole-opening function effectively. It is accomplished with reduced impact pressure and fixed propulsive pressure. The thrust pressure should be as low as possible to facilitate drilling on very steep rock faces and to avoid bending the drill rod.
Correct use and maintenance of the rock drill can effectively prolong its service life, improve the economic benefits of the enterprise, and ensure the operator’s safety at the same time. Therefore, enterprises should provide professional training to the operators, and formulate operating specifications and related systems in combination with the machine instructions to ensure that the company can save costs and improve operating efficiency on the premise of ensuring personal safety.